Hi! I'm Your Kidney Dietitian.
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist based in Chicago, IL with a passion for helping people with kidney disease. By working with me you’ll learn how to thrive on a plant-based diet, slow progression of kidney disease, and enjoy the foods you eat!
Diagnosed with kidney disease and feeling lost?
I get it. Getting a new diagnosis is incredibly scary. It’s all too easy to go down the rabbit hole of endless Google searches, spending hours fretting about the worse case scenario, and feeling confused about the things you’re reading, or things people might be telling you.
Well, I’m here telling you to STOP that right now! Yes, right now. Take a deep breath. Whew. Everything will be okay. Know that you CAN do this. You CAN manage your kidney disease. You WILL continue to live a fulfilling, enjoyable life full of all the things you love. You CAN delay or even prevent dialysis… and I’m here to help you along the way.
What I Offer You
Imagine your day going like this…
You wake up and feel confident preparing a kidney-healthy breakfast for yourself.
You go grocery shopping at your usual store (no need to go anywhere special), and your shopping trip is a breeze with your customized shopping list and weekly meal plans.
Your friend calls to invite you out to a dinner over the upcoming weekend, and you enthusiastically say “YES!” because you know you’ll be able to navigate the menu offerings, no matter the restaurant.
Your doctor calls with your latest blood work and you understand what all the numbers mean regarding your kidney health.. and you are THRILLED to hear about the increase in your eGFR!
This can be your reality. And I can help you get there.
Support From An Expert Dietitian
Interested in working with me? Here’s what it would look like.
- 1:1 counseling and individualized nutrient recommendations from a Registered Dietitian with five years experience working with kidney disease clients
- Preserve kidney function and delay/prevent dialysis by learning my techniques, which include a plant-based diet approach
- Address MORE than just symptom management – together we’ll prevent further damage to the kidneys by identifying and targeting the root causes of your kidney disease
- I will be your cheerleader, motivating you to achieve more than they ever thought possible. You’ll implement long-term behavior changes resulting in improved health outcomes
- Access to a private client portal with support via chat messaging between sessions
- Review of food journals and individualized feedback provided by an expert dietitian
- Access to an exclusive meal planning app with counseling packages, which provides up to 12 weeks of daily menus, recipes with nutrient analysis grocery lists, and more
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) is a service provided by Registered Dietitians that includes comprehensive review of medical history, current medications, current medical conditions and labs, assessment of nutritional needs, individualized diet prescription, nutrition diagnosis, and ongoing monitoring of progress towards established goals. It is tailored towards management of a particular disease state, such as chronic kidney disease.
Nutrition coaching is a service that is defined as “reinforcement of basic or essential nutrition-related knowledge.” My coaching services provide guidance to clients getting started with a plant-based diet, with discussion of topics such as food choices, cooking techniques, and how to successfully implement your new habits into your daily routine.
We would be happy to see patients with conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure, two disease states that are common precursors to kidney disease. For conditions such as IBS, celiac disease, cancer, eating disorders, prenatal concerns, or other, we can make a referral to an RD specializing in your area of need.
Dialysis patients are required by CMS to meet with a dietitian in their dialysis clinic. Please consult with your facility dietitian if you need guidance regarding diet modifications for end stage kidney disease.
Your Kidney Dietitian is a 100% virtual practice at this time.
We can generate a Superbill for the nutrition counseling service(s) rendered which you can submit to your insurance provider for possible reimbursement. We do accept FSA/HSA payments.
I will not spam your inbox 🙂